Monday, August 27, 2007

Aimee Mann joins the cast of The Seventh Python


Acclaimed singer-songwriter Aimee Mann filmed a segment today for The Seventh Python, our nonfiction film about the wit, wisdom and career of musical comedy legend Neil Innes.


Academy Award-nominated Aimee has known Neil since she lived in England in the early Nineties, and featured his vocals on her album, I'm With Stupid, as well as on her classic recording of Harry Nilsson's One, which was featured in PT Anderson's film, Magnolia (along with her song, Save Me, that scored the nomination).


Aimee praises Neil as a songwriter, a satirist, and even remembers where she was-- "and what the room looked like" when she first saw The Rutles on TV. “I have to say that some of the Rutles songs are my favorite—I like them more than the Beatles songs. I think that I had more kind of hero worship and I had more of a crush on Ron Nasty than I ever had on John Lennon.”

1 comment:

Ron D said...

Aimee you are prettiest when you smile.